Help us take the care of homeless pets to the next level!
The Swift Current SPCA is community-funded and community-directed animal shelter which has served our area since 1973. We are looking for new people to join us as members and potentially as part of our volunteer Board to help continue this long-standing record of service. If you are looking for a new way to share your talents in 2022 and are willing to commit some time, we would love to hear from you.
You can download a membership form here https://spcaswiftcurrent.com/downloadable-files/
For our Board of Directors, we are specifically looking for people who:
- share our passion for the welfare of homeless and unwanted pets
- have some Board or non-profit experience or have a professional interest in building Board experience
- are able to commit time for a monthly Board meeting, two member meetings each year, and some committee work.
- can consider issues at hand, engage in thoughtful discussion and recommend other resources which they might be aware of in our communities
- are willing to also pitch in and assist as a volunteer with some of our fundraising events
- bring unique skills and contacts to the table in areas such as: finance, contract administration, human resources, construction, and planning.
A paid SPCA membership is required in order to apply for Board membership. We are happy to take memberships and talk to prospective Board members at any time during the year. Please call the shelter at (306)-773-1806 for more information and referral on membership.