With the hot summer weather, here’s a simple yet tasty frozen treat you make for your dog at home!
- 4 cups plain yogurt, low or fat free
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 cup of blueberries
- 3 tbsp peanut butter, natural and salt free is preferred
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Stir all of the ingredients together into a medium bowl.
- Pour into a blender, and puree until smooth.
- Pour the smoothie into ice cube trays and freeze.
This recipe for dog treats will last for 6 months or more in the freezer. You can substitute other berries, like strawberry, raspberry or a mixed variety. Or, if fresh berries are not available, you can use frozen berries. Yum!